Top ten tips for attending Triad wedding shows
Triad wedding shows are very helpful if you are planning a wedding. You will meet and speak with local wedding professionals, see fashion shows, sample gourmet delights, register to win prizes, and probably have an enjoyable day. Click here for the major shows in Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- BRING YOUR FIANCE, PARENTS, AND/OR BRIDESMAIDS. They can help you cover twice the ground and offer opinions about the choices of wedding merchants. (Note: About 30% of fiancés attend, in spite of what yours may assume!)
- PLAN TO SPEND AT LEAST TWO HOURS so you can visit all the wedding merchants and see at least one fashion preview. You will kick yourself if you don’t: nowhere else can you get as much done in as short of period of time.
- BRING PRE-PRINTED ADDRESS LABELS. Many vendors hold drawings for trips, prizes, and discounts: your labels save you from repeatedly writing your name and address.
- BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK. if you might want to book services or hold dates with a deposit. The top photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs book up quickly. (Note: Check refund policies and read contracts carefully before giving any money.)
- BRING YOUR CALENDAR. You will probably find vendors with whom you would like to schedule a one-on-one consultation.
- ARRIVE WITH A PLAN. Know what you are looking for and have questions in mind. You will save time and you will see everything that’s important to you.
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. You will stroll many aisles as you seek out the ideas, people, products and services you’ll soon need.
- WHEN YOU REGISTER AT THE DOOR PRINT NEATLY. Prize winners are often chosen at random from the registration form: make sure your vital information is legible.
- IF YOU ARE OUT OF TOWN… send mom or a trusted friend to collect information on services you need and register you for prizes.
- ASK QUESTIONS! The vendors are there to help you. You are under no pressure to buy from them, so find out everything you need to know.
Most Popular Triad Wedding Shows and Bridal Extravaganzas
THE MOST POPULAR SHOWS are The Carolina Weddings Shows at the Greensboro Coliseum and Winston-Salem Fairgrounds. The most elegant show is The Wedding Fair at Embassy Suites. There are others at various hotels and facilities…ask around.
Many engaged couples feel that the most fun and efficient way to get a great deal of planning done is by attending a bridal show. Triad Bridal Association sponsors the five top wedding shows in the area.
You’ll meet the region’s top caterers, photographers, consultants, deejays, florists and honeymoon experts, many of whom are TBA members. You’ll enjoy hourly fashion previews, you’ll register to win great prizes, you’ll learn about discounts on many services, and you’ll have a ball doing it!
Would you like to spend a few hours at one of these events?
- Get a complete wedding show schedule.
- Get a free $2 discount coupon.
- Save $10 (and avoid the lines!) by buying your tickets online.
We look forward to seeing you at The Wedding Show!